FanStory.com - Children or Adults?by aryr
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Asking yourself the question.
Children or Adults? by aryr
Fanstory Review contest entry
Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

When I read the criteria for this contest, the first thought that came to my mind was- are we the members of FanStory considered adults or children?

We joined because we each had the desire to write, to create poems of all kinds, to provide stories that hopefully inspire others, to write intense dialogue. But more importantly we joined because we could. No one twisted our arm, nor did they promise we would become famous and make tons of tons of money. What was alluded to was the opportunity to write and post, to review with honesty and the chance to make sound friends.

Unfortunately, there are those who have been with FanStory since it's creation, who appear to have a lot of say as to what happens here and to whom. Cliques have been formed and to become part of that clique is like having to promise your first born as in Rapunzel, the door is usually tightly shut. This site that was meant to encourage writers of various means has failed somewhat, in that aspect.

I will not repeat what others have written, reading it once or twice is enough. My suggestion is to look back at the original intent of FanStory, look at the growth the site has gone through and see the potential. For writers- write from your heart- don't always wait for a contest to inspire you- we all have something special within us to say. For reviewers- be honest but also be kind and gentle in what your response is. Feelings can be shattered easily, especially for a newbie who is learning. Be constructive, offer suggestions rather than just telling someone their writing is poor. Be respectful of each other, whether old or new to the site.

Again I ask- are we adults with the free will afforded us, or are we children to be lead? You the members decide. (just my thoughts.)

Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you to VMarguarite for the artwork 'chalkboard work', it was the inspiration.

     

© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement