FanStory.com - The Naive Young Girlby Brigitte Elko
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sometimes, the young see the best in the worst.
The Naive Young Girl by Brigitte Elko
Artwork by RealImprint at FanArtReview.com

Once upon a time there lived a beautiful young girl who loved everything life had to offer. She was only eleven but had the attitude and awareness of a much older person. She was adored by family and friends because of her genuine contributions to everyone's spirits which soared in her presence.

One day, her class went on a field trip to the Cheseapeake Bay and excitement was evident in her smile and her gander. With her, she took her brand new camera bestowed to her by her doting grandparents. This was her first real camera!

The class went on a huge boat and traveled around the bay. All the boys and girls marveled at the wondrous sea whose waves seemed to be beckoning them with hellos.


All of a sudden the joyous girl saw a dolphin and she wanted to snap a picture in haste before it disappeared. She took out her beloved camera, aimed, and snapped. Then...oops, it slipped out of her hand and was swallowed up in the bay.

She was saddened by this and did not want to tell her grandparents what happened. A smile lit up her face as she remembered a sentence in the instructions for use.

The exciting field trip over, everyone was picked up at the dock.
Grandma and grandpa were waiting anxious to hear about the adventure.

"How was the field trip?'

The young girl answered without hesitation, "It was terrific and you know my camera? Well, I dropped it into the bay and it has a great picture of a dolphin on it. Good thing it's waterproof, wouldn't you say?"


Recognized

Author Notes
This is a true story. It made us laugh for days. We never did get to see her picture of the dolphin.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement