FanStory.com - Home With Grayby aryr
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Life goes on, in interesting ways.
My Brothers' Keeper
: Home With Gray by aryr

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of sexual content.
PREVIOUSLY: Rachel is a forensic medical examiner, who after receiving disturbing news, decides she needs some alone time to think. So, she goes to a B&B in a large park, but gets lost, Gray the wolf finds her incapacitated and goes home to Daniel to get him to help her. Daniel is a Native American and a successful lawyer. She decides to stay with him in his modern cave rather than the B&B. Her family is aware and that she is safe. She confesses her medical history, she carried within her body her twin brother as a chimera. Gray gets hurt and requires surgery and survives.
NOW TO CONTINUE................................................



They all approached the cage and Gray immediately stood up, then he suddenly remembered to favor his injured leg as he whined for sympathy. Everyone laughed.

Because of rules he was leashed as he limped out to the van. He chose to lie on the blanket beside Rachel's swivel seat, so he could rest his head on her lap. It was a leisure ride back to the plane where Gray once again stretched out on the temporary bed in the back seat.

"Don't forget what I said, Harold. Those scars can be minimized to almost invisibility, and the offer is there." Rachel hugged him.

"I'll think about it, Doc, I will keep in touch. See you, Daniel. You be good Gray." He secured the plane door and backed away.

The flight home was swift for them, it was nowhere near as stressful as the flight to the hospital. Gray slept most of the way home, creating slight snoring sounds.

Rachel and Daniel were quiet, nary a word was spoken between them. They landed and out of habit Daniel repositioned the plane for take-off. Gray sat up and provided a small woof. He was eager to be home. Daniel opened the back door and Gray jumped out.

"You go straight into the house, after you go busy. There is no running around free willy for a few days. No romping, just outside for business and then back in. Got it?" Daniel called to Gray who was attempting to run, but immediately stopped. He found a tree and lifted his hind leg and was actually standing on his bad leg. He spotted Rachel and came limping back to her side.

"Come on boy, let's go inside. Daddy just sounds gruff, because he cares so much." She laughed as Gray switched between limping and not.

Daniel did a walk around check on the plane before heading to the cave. He smiled as he went through the door. Rachel had Gray stretched on the bed and covered with a light blanket. He looked pathetic.

"Gray, what are you doing?" Daniel asked the wolf. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. Gray just raised his head slightly and looked from Rachel and Daniel with sad eyes.

"You just leave him alone. The poor baby has been through a traumatic situation. Let him rest." She snickered.

"Okay, he can rest, but he needs to move over, so we can rest as well, it's been a long night and he did have some sleep." He couldn't stop his laugh as he shifted Gray.

The three of them settled on the bed, with Rachel of course sandwiched in the middle. They slept soundly for five hours. If an outsider had the opportunity to view them, it would have been a comical picture. Daniel spooned Rachel with an arm draped over her waist. She, in turn, was snuggled behind Gray with her hand buried in the fur of Gray's shoulder. He was out like a light.

Rachel was the first to stir and as she turned she accidently nudged Daniel awake. He smiled as their eyes met. She raised a finger to her lips as she looked over her shoulder at Gray. He was still peacefully sleeping, in fact he was snoring. The couple scooted to their side of the bed and got up.

A cup of tea was priority for them, and Daniel set the kettle to boil while she got the mugs, tea, pot and honey.

"Breakfast was so filling, if you don't mind, I can wait until supper time. But when I am done with my tea, I need a shower and some clean clothes." she commented.

"That sounds like a great plan. Do you want some company, or do you prefer privacy?"

"Company is fine." Her smiling and blushing was rather becoming.

By this time, Gray had raised his head and Daniel gave him a warning look. "You will go out just long enough and far enough to do your business and then back here. Got it? If you are not here when I get out of the shower, I will find you and you will be chained to the tree near the door."

Gray hung his head and meekly slide off the bed to go to his door. He looked back at Daniel before going through it and gave up a whispered 'woof'. Daniel knew that for a wolf to be chained was a fate worse than death. Of course, he was joking about the chaining, but depended on Gray not knowing his threat was not sincere.

Rachel was already in the shower humming a catchy tune, so Daniel joined her under the cascade of hot water. He took her sponge, liberally added body wash and proceeded to bathe her. When he was finished, he suggested that she wet her hair and after a considerable amount of shampoo started to massage her scalp. She moaned, it had been a long time since she had been treated to such a shampoo.

She rinsed and now it was her turn to wash him.

     

© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement