FanStory.com - Melvin and Princess Sing the Bluesby mermaids
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
oh boy!
Melvin and Princess Sing the Blues by mermaids

It is that time of the month when the two fluffy Persian cats do their civic duty and visit The Dancing Daisy Nursing Home to entertain the residents. In the recreation room, the two cats sit upon a piano. Princess is wearing a jewel crown and Melvin is wearing a black tie with a diamond in the middle. The sun shines brightly through a window and the cats sparkle like they are at a Hollywood premiere.

One of the residents, ninety-eight year old Wilma, plays the piano. Both cats begin to sing.

Princess howls like she is being tortured. "ooooowww.........eeeeeee.......waaaaa.

The exquisite Persian takes a bow. Several residents, all in wheelchairs, cover their ears. One elderly man takes his hearing aids out of his ears.

Melvin clears his throat. He meows several times.

meow
meow, meow
meow, meow, meow
meow, meow, meow, meow,

Before he can continue, another elderly resident, a lady wearing cat ears, wheels over to Melvin and picks him up. She cuddles him and tells him he is handsome. Melvin purrs and attempts to sing again but the scratching behind his ears distracts him.

Princess is not happy her repertoire is not being listened to. She expects applause and admiration. She feels her singing of the blues is just marvelous. She feels so under appreciated and she stops and licks one of her front paws.

The piano player plays through all of this. An elderly man wheels over to Princess and talks to her. 'Oh, you are just a pretty kitty with a big fluffy tail. Does baby want a kitty treat. You are so beautiful but your singing is my weapon of choice to keep away my enemies." He picks her up and caresses her fur. She shuts her eyes and purrs.

After the two cats arrive home, Princess sulks on her kitty bed. Melvin attempts to comfort her.

"So they would rather stroke our fur than listen to our awesome singing voices. I thought if we did a blues song they would be happy. But who knew how they would react. They are in a convalescent home".

Princess turns to look out the window. "Apparently, our show biz career is not going to take off. I thought we could obtain an agent by now. We should be famous.

Melvin picks up a stuffed mouse full of catnip. He drops it in front of Princess. "This will make you feel better. There is always next month. Maybe we should try to sing rap or country-western instead."

Princess bites the mouse and rubs her head against it.

"I could always be a model, I guess. But I do love singing." She bats the catnip toy and it stares back at her. The Persian female starts to sing again and the birds in the yard all fly away. She thinks to herself, "I'll just keep practicing".



Recognized

Author Notes
More adventures from Melvin and Princess.

     

© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement