FanStory.com - Homelessby michaelcahill
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
150 Flash Fiction
Short Stories and Flash
: Homeless by michaelcahill
150 Words Flash Fiction contest entry

 

I can't say I've done anything to merit the life of pure comfort and joy I've been bequeathed. I admit, I've contributed nothing to my posh existence, but I like to think I've done nothing to warrant this current change of fortune either. To be cast out unceremoniously, without notice, and so discourteously, is beyond the pale, if you ask me. Of course, no one's asked.
 
Why wouldn't there be the slightest consideration for my feelings, or future? Is the small space I occupy, my corner of existence, of such value to them, and I of such inconsequence?
 
It is a given I am untrained and ill-equipped for whatever awaits me ... I'm equipped for nothing. Is this physical disregard necessary?
 
I gasp at my first glimpse of my new surroundings. They are raucous and overly bright, blinding to be candid. I just want to cry ...
 



"It's a boy!"

 

 

Author Notes
150 words, per Microsoft Word and Fanstory editor.


     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement