FanStory.com - What's a Girl to Do?by frogbook
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Flash fiction under 500 words.
What's a Girl to Do? by frogbook
Flash Fiction Writing Contest contest entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
How was I to know the hand raising outside the shower curtain held a red rose? You never know what's out there, and if you don't believe me ask Janet Leigh! Well, I guess you can't do that because she's dead, but you know what I mean.

My husband knew that ever since I watched Psycho, back in the, what, nineteen-sixties, I suppose, I've had a knife at the ready there on the shower ledge. No crazy man was gonna get the drop on me.

Problem bein', I reckon, I forgot to tell my new beau.

O.M.G., what a mess, and me just outta the shower. I'm guessin' by the time I'm done, I'll be back in there again. I had to pick the hottest night of the summer for this.

I rolled the old boy up in a carpet that I was ready to get rid of, and cleaned up all the blood. For a skinny guy, he had a lot. I was sweatin' by the time that floor was white again.

Bein' a good-sized woman (the skinny ones always like me for some reason), I didn't have much of a time haulin' the old boy. It was when I got to the cellar that I had a problem. Good Lord, it's only a crawl space, only so much room. I just gotta start remembering to tell these guys about comin' in when I'm in the shower.

Author Notes
If you're not old enough, you might not know "Psycho," but if you are my age and don't, you've lived under a rock-haha.

     

© Copyright 2024. frogbook All rights reserved.
frogbook has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement