FanStory.com - Hidden Blossomsby Tootie
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Spiritual Awakening
Hidden Blossoms by Tootie
Free Verse Poetry writing prompt entry

Like a flower unfolding,
so, too, my life
unfolds,
revealing splendor,
fragrance,
unhampered beauty.
All that once
was dormant,
contained safely within
until this moment
of maturity.

Exposed now --
Naked
as a newborn child.
Aware that this
also shall pass,
while petals fall
down to soften
and nourish
hidden blossoms
still waiting
to be formed.


Writing Prompt
Write a free verse poem. Free verse is a form of poetry that does not necessarily follow to any specific meter patterns, rhyme, or any other pattern. Free verse, despite its freedom, often still has some elements of form. Most free verse does observe a convention of lines and structure. No rhyming patterns.

Author Notes
Sometimes poems are the only way to say something that is unspeakable otherwise. My poem HIDDEN BLOSSOMS was written many years ago after a spiritual awakening where I recognized the importance of giving up the fight, the ego, and all of the self-effort, and instead simply LETTING what was inside me (my real SELF) shine through naturally.
To me, it means to reveal an eternal truth and to pass it down, without judgment, to those that do not yet know who they truly are.
May this poem also speak to you in whatever way it is meant to.

 

© Copyright 2024. Tootie All rights reserved.
Tootie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement