FanStory.com - Burgeoning Emptinessby Mrs. KT
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Five line poem dedicated to the memory of AlvinTEthington
Burgeoning Emptiness by Mrs. KT
5 Line Poem contest entry
Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

<<<~~~>>>
 
Too late,
My friend:
Seeking to find you,
Only emptiness greets me
May your words live on...

<<<~~~>>>

Recognized

Author Notes
In 2007, I joined Fanstory.
One of the first individuals who commented on my work and gave me encouragement along with positive and critical feedback was the incredibly gifted poet and playwright, Alvin T Ethington.
For the next three years we encouraged, discussed, and bonded over many topics and issues.
However, in 2010, my professional and personal life did not afford me the time or luxury to post many new offerings on Fanstory, and I lost touch with Alvin.
Although I kept my membership up to date, still posted sporadic offerings, and enjoyed reading fellow writers' offerings, I was never able to linger very long on the site.
I initially thought that Alvin was no longer contributing to the site because he was pursuing other interests. However, my worst fears were confirmed when I finally learned - just yesterday - that Alvin passed away on February 2, 2014.
I am honored that our paths crossed.
I am deeply saddened by his passing.

Diane Kenel-Truelove
1/16/2018

Much appreciation to avmurray for the mesmerizing artwork. Thank you!

     

© Copyright 2024. Mrs. KT All rights reserved.
Mrs. KT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement