FanStory.com - The Goat and the Horseby damommy
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Animal Crackers Club
The Goat and the Horse by damommy













The woman decided to put Charlie, her forty-year-old horse, down because he was old and blind.  Before that happened, Jack the goat came to his rescue.  He led Charlie to his favorite pasture and brought him home each night.

At first, Charlie had vision in his left eye, and Jack would stay on that side in front of Charlie.  Eventually, the sight left that eye, and Jack would then lead Charlie by staying in center front.

This went on for sixteen years.  Yes, I said sixteen years.  Every morning, these two went to a spot that Charlie particularly liked.  Jack would patiently wait until Charlie was ready to go home, and then would lead him back.

Few humans would spend sixteen years doing this, especially when there was nothing in it for them.  There was no reason for Jack to do this except he knew his friend needed help. 

The time came that Charlie died, and Jack soon slowed down, too.  He grieved for his friend, and died a couple of months later.  He had a purpose in life, and lived long enough to see it through. 

We could learn a lot from Jack the goat.

Recognized

Author Notes
You can find the video on YouTube.com.

     

© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement