FanStory.com - There is a twin, but a twin sisterby SLMorrical
Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Monroe receives information on his twin sister
Detective Monroe
: There is a twin, but a twin sister by SLMorrical

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of sexual content.
Background
A serial killer looks the lead detective in the case. A possible twin or even just a look alike, or maybe the detective himself is killing.

Mrs. Simon looked on the computer and did find the information Eddie Monroe wanted about his adoption forty-years ago. She called him using the number he'd left.
After he answered the phone, Eddie asked, "Mrs. Simon, what information have you found?"

"You were a twin, A couple in the next town adopted her."

"A sister, are you sure?" Eddie's eyes widened and shoulders slumped.

"Yes Detective a sister. I'm curious, why do you want to know this information?"

"Well someone who looks like me is a murder suspect. They're not female." Eddie thanked Mrs. Simon and hung up.

"If I have a twin sister, then who is impersonating me, and why?" Eddie thought, and concluded he needed to make contact with his sister. Mrs. Simon had given him the address and name of the couple who had adopted her. Eddie left the station and notified the desk Sargent he would be out for the rest of the day, but could be contacted on his police radio.
Eddie Monroe drove to Ron and Grace Chapman's home in Lakeview. He rang the doorbell while his stomach launched in his throat. A stout older man answered the door, "Hello can I help you?"

"Hello, are you Mr. Chapman?"

"Yes, I am what can I do for you?"

Eddie explained who he was how he had found them and that he wanted to meet his twin sister.
Mr. Chapman showed Eddie into the living room. "Grace, this is Eddie Monroe. He is Sally's twin brother."

Grace rose from the couch and offered her hand. "Nice to meet you Mr. Monroe. Sally is not here. We have not seen her in two years."

"Do you know her whereabouts?"

"She use to call us once a week, but after a rough breakup about two years ago, she stop calling. We have no idea where she is or even if she's alive."

"What happened?"

"She was engaged. Then she found him in bed with another man and it crushed her." Tears welled up in her eyes, as Grace explained this to Eddie.

Ron tries to comfort his wife as he continues one. "Sally just totally lost it. She started hanging out in gay and lesbian bars. It was like he turned her gay. It just wasn't her anymore. She became someone else. We tried to get her some help."

"Was she still living at home while she exhibited this behavior?"

"Yes. Then one day Tom, the guy she was to marry, showed up, and tried to make their relationship work. She snapped. She smack him and walked out the front door. That was two years ago." Ron's voice cracked as he held back tears. "We haven't seen or heard from her since." Ron stared at the floor.

As Eddie thanked them, Grace handed him a picture of Sally. On his drive back to Melview, he got that gut feeling detectives get when they are missing something. He went over the events of the day. The fingerprints! Sally Chapman's fingerprints were on a the last victim's bracelet. He knew he had the address, because she had been arrested for drunk and disorderly. Was this Sally Chapman his twin? What connection does she have with this case? He headed for his appointment with Dr. Larson.

Author Notes
I just love any feedback and it has all been great since I first started putting chapters of this book in the works on FanStory. You all have been wonderful, and all feedback is welcomed.

     

© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement