FanStory.com - Little Melby Heather Knight
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Suspense in 200 words is difficult to write.
Little Mel by Heather Knight

I didn't even bother to tell Ryan when Melinda was born, he had made it quite clear he didn't want anything to do with us.

At first, I was brokenhearted. I'd loved him very much and, besides, I didn't want to be a single mum. However, after a few months I got used to it. My little girl was the center of my world and I was happy.

One morning, I realized I had no formula left, so I went upstairs to check on Melinda. She was asleep and it was freezing outside. I decided to go to the convenience store round the corner on my own.

When I came back I noticed the front door was unlocked. I felt a sensation of dread in the pit of my stomach. I ran upstairs and into Melinda's room. Her cot was empty.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called the police.

'My baby has been taken!' I screamed into the receiver.

In less than ten minutes, my house had been turned into a crime scene. Thankfully, my ordeal didn't last long.

'Is this your baby, Ma'am?' an officer asked me. Apparently, they had found her in Ryan's home ...

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement