FanStory.com - Some Ghosts Are Not Realby Sasha
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Just my wild imagination
Some Ghosts Are Not Real by Sasha


Going for a walk after breakfast is supposed to be a pleasant way to get the food to settle in your stomach.  Wearing flip-flops, I could hear my footsteps echoing as I crossed the street.  Without warning, I suddenly heard a muffled chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka-chee sound behind me. 
 
I turned and did not see anything or anyone that could create the interesting, but, annoying sound.  I continued walking and the chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka-chee not only continued, it became louder.  There were not many pedestrians on the street, but clearly there was one behind me…somewhere.
 
The sound continued for several blocks and I became quite annoyed.  For a few steps, I turned around and began walking backwards in the hope of catching the annoying culprit.  Facing in the opposite direction the strange chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka-chee sound started up again, behind me. Whatever was causing the sound seemed to know how to avoid being seen.  Not wanting to trip and break my neck, I turned around and began walking properly.  The annoying sound continued.
 
Despite today being the official Day of the Dead, it does not have anything to do with ghosts.  I don’t believe in ghosts, but something WAS following me; I just could not see it.
 
As the corner approached, I began to walk faster.  I turned the corner and stopped, hoping to catch the culprit.  No such luck.  When I stopped, the sound stopped.  Determined to find out who or what was causing it, I headed back to my apartment accompanied the entire way with my annoying ghost.
 
I must admit, despite not believing in ghosts, I was becoming a bit paranoid; something I have been experiencing significantly these past few days.
 
When I arrived at my apartment, I reached into my purse to retrieve my keys.  While rummaging inside my purse I felt the box of vitamins I had stopped to purchase at the pharmacy across from the restaurant where I had eaten my breakfast.  Feeling a bit foolish, I realized the chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka-chee sound were the vitamins rattling inside the bottle with each step I took.  I won’t tell anyone if you don’t.
 
No, I do not believe in ghosts.  I never did and I never will.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
This barely qualifies as a mystery, but I didn't know what else to call it. I really was annoyed by this strange sound and convinced someone was following me. I need to get over my paranoia, it is getting in the way of common sense and logic.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement