FanStory.com - Husband came home, Robertby robina1978
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short update about his operation
Husband came home, Robert by robina1978
All of you many thanks for congratulations.

Hi all Fanstorians,

Robert, hubby came home about a week ago.

The operation took twice as long as the Neurosurgeon expected. Therefore I was worried sick, and after I failed to find out what had or had not happened, I took some sleeping tablets and alcohol. ( Still capable of answering the phone, when they finally called.
The operation was a great success.
(The surgeon was far more friendly than I remembered-maybe I caught him on a bad day:) )
He received much praise from the Consultant and the nurses as he cooperated so well with the spinal puncture.

I wished I'd known before he would get this and not a general anaesthetic. I was worried he'd die if he got a general one.

Apart from this he had a bad pneumonia the week before his operation. Our own Consultant sent a prescription for antibiotics and prednisone. He concluded by my description it was a really dangerous animal, an E Coli. He was just cured a day before the admission date.

He has a lot of pain which is treated with Oxycodin and Paracetamol. It helps but makes him far to drowsy. Yesterday he fell asleep with a cigarette, and burned a big hole in the duvet cover, and also burned his own finger. The Oxycodin is very addictive. My sister just phoned for my birthday, and suggested another drug that works well, but is less addictive. I might phone our GP tomorrow.

Apart from this day with the booze, I coped very well.
I did not go anywhere.
My neighbour across the corridor took me to visit Saturday. He is nice, come from the West of our Country

I would like this weird opportunity to thank all of you that wished me a happy birthday on Facebook or this site!!!!!!!


Recognized

Author Notes
Picture courtesy to this site, and (?) Google.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement