FanStory.com - Herbie, the Tree Frogby Teri7
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Thank you Kmax for the use of your work.
Herbie, the Tree Frog by Teri7
Artwork by Kmax at FanArtReview.com

I am never surprised at what is in store for me with my husband, Tom around. Yesterday I was sitting in the living room, in the recliner relaxing, after getting home from Church. The next thing I knew I saw Tom carrying a container with a little tree frog in it.

I gave him a puzzled look and asked, "What is that?'
He replied, "A little tree frog."
Not sure if I should say anything or not, I decided I would speak.

I started to open my mouth when I noticed the jar on the top of the piano, beside my cat, Fluffy. She was looking intently at it. The next thing I knew Fluffy was right beside the jar with her paw on the jar, trying to reach inside the jar to get to the frog.

Not sure what to do I called Tom fast. He flew into the living room, quickly picked up the jar with Herbie in it and took it into the kitchen since Fluffy was in the living room. To me that was a really close call for the cute little frog.

I do love my husband, really, but some days I wonder who I married. He brings home more cats that wander into his garden, a tree frog and the neighborhood children. I have to admit it is never a dull moment at our house.

Thank you for reading this short story! Blessings to you! Teri

Recognized

Author Notes
Remember it was the two little birds and now the little tree frog. I don't mind as I get to look at them and hold them too. I hope you enjoyed this short little story. May God bless you today! Teri

     

© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement