FanStory.com - Chapter Acht part dreiby barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shana is worried.
Perennials of War
: Chapter Acht part drei by barbara.wilkey

Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?

ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Jane watched. "Dear, you look like you have other questions. Now's the time to ask. Jeff's a wealth of knowledge."

"I'm not sure. I don't I understand why all this happening over a painting."

Jeff glanced at his ringing cell. "I need to take this. There's a problem or he wouldn't call." He stood. "Ms. Kohlberg, I'll be glad to answer any additional questions. I'd invite you to the parking garage, but it could be dangerous." He grinned. "So tell Philip to contact me and I'll be right up. Deal?"

"Thank you."

"I'm serious. Don't hesitate." Jeff nodded toward Anderson. "The helicopter will be here and ready to take off about 4:30 P.M." He adjusted his belt. "I need to jog off breakfast."

Anderson stood. "I think I may have to join you." He paused. "Thank you." He walked him to the door.

I wonder what they're talking so privately about. Shana petted Romeo's head.

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 8 part 3

When Anderson returned, he asked, "Jane, did Jeremy return your call?" He filled his plate with biscuits and gravy.

"While you walked Jeff to the elevator, he did. He can't meet at 2:00 P.M. His unit has a softball game scheduled, and he's the catcher. He wants to know if he can come at 10:30 A.M."

"That's even better." Anderson took a large bite. "Jeff was right. This is good."

After Jane spoke with Jeremy, she said, "He'll be here at 10:30 A.M."

Helen started clearing dishes. "Drew, where would you like to meet? I'll have coffee, muffins, and fresh fruit ready. Maybe you'd prefer finger sandwiches." She waited for an answer.

"We can meet in the den. I think it'll start warming up. The midday sun beats down on the patio." Anderson tilted his head. "Since he'll be playing ball, maybe finger sandwiches and fruit."

Shana stood. "Excuse me. I'm going to my room."

Anderson stood, watched, and then said, "Shana, wait." After she stopped, he walked over to her. "What's wrong?"

Staring at her feet, Shana remained silent.

Romeo rubbed against her thigh.

When she reached down to pet the dog, Anderson put his finger under her chin and raised her head. "Something's bothering you." He glanced around at the other three people present. "We can't help, if you don't talk to us."

Shana searched his eyes.

Jane stood beside her and put her hand on Shana's arm. "Come and sit. Helen will pour you some more coffee."

Helen started to pour a fresh cup of coffee and stopped. "Would you prefer a glass of lemonade or iced tea?"

"Iced tea would be fine."

After Shana sat and took a sip of tea, Jane sat. "Sweetheart, you need to talk to us. We know something has you upset. What is it? Was it something Jeff said?"

Shana nodded. "I know it's silly."

"Nothing Jeff said was silly." Anderson held up his cup for Helen to refresh it.

"Drew's right." Jane patted Shana's hand.

"Jeff mentioned that the bull tatt means 'one who makes ordered physical executions happen'. Does that mean Kuznetsov wants me dead? If it does, why are you discussing finger sandwiches?"

"We don't know that for sure." Anderson ran his fingers through his short hair. "There's that possibility. We need more information. I'm hoping Jeremy can fill in the blanks." He released a deep breath. "I understand how discussing food would appear callous. Believe me; I plan to take every precaution to make sure nothing happens to you."

"It's probably just a coincidence that those particular men were here. They were simply available for this mission, so they got it." Jane sipped her coffee.

Philip glanced toward Anderson. "You don't believe in coincidences, do you?"

"No, I don't."

Helen and Jane looked at each other. Finally, Helen picked up an empty dish. "If I want to be ready for Jeremy, I'd better get busy."

As Jane moved away, she said, "I'll do a quick dusting and vacuuming in the den."

"Don't you have some place to go?" Anderson glanced at Philip.

"Not really. I figured I better stay and make sure you don't put your foot any further in your mouth."

Anderson checked his watch. "Jeremy will be here in about an hour and a half. Philip, get a pad and pen from my office. I think we need to get ready with our questions. It may be our last chance to get them officially answered. Jeremy does work for the NYCPD. He should know what or who we're dealing with."



Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Ben -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Morozov -- owner of the painting 'Winter-Traum' by Bruno Schmidt

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson's divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.

Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you Google Images for a photo of an Oskals, or 'Big Grin' I thought it was interesting. It's the end of the school year. I think there are 20 days with kids. I have edited and edited this post and every time I find more and more mistakes. I want to thank you for the generous support you give me. I truly appreciate it.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement