FanStory.com - Upcyling by Jackarrie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest, use these words
Upcyling by Jackarrie
Use These Words writing prompt entry

They say that one person's trash is another person's treasure. Well, I am a prime example of someone who can see thrown out items ending up as treasure. I cannot resist thrown out stuff and if I see that I can change them into something aesthetic and useful I'm hooked. I will not apologize for it.

My husband, on the other hand, does not share my enthusiasm for this activity, I call him a miserable git, he knocks all of my plans with screaming words like "you're not bringing that rotten piece of garbage into the house" or " Mary don't be silly you are never going to do anything with that". If my heart is in the work I will devote my time enjoying myself doing what is needed to restore the piece to its original glory or make something completely different.

Sometimes the same object can be made over twice. I have up cycled many objects around the house, i.e. mirrors, headboards, lockers, TV units, tables etc. The list goes on. I believe in giving life to something that deserves to live.

So many times I have proven him wrong. He is genuinely surprised with the end results and has to eat humble pie, and drink it down with cheers, well done.


Writing Prompt
Write a story but use the following words: silly, rotten, heart, miserable, scream, drink. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking, drank)

     

© Copyright 2024. Jackarrie All rights reserved.
Jackarrie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement