FanStory.com - Secrets in the studyby zanya
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 word dash
Secrets in the study by zanya
100 Word Dash writing prompt entry

Squire Alfred galloped to the hunt at Northgate.

His wife, Lady Betsy, hosted afternoon tea with the Baroness.

Butler Barclay barked orders: 'Mrs Ormbsy, see to it that the Squire's study is spick and span'.
'Aye, Barclay.' Mrs Ormbsy replied, hurrying to her favourite chore.

She loved the plush, red interior of the study with its oak desk and scent of cigar smoke.

A note, with a broken seal, lay on the desk, showing yesterday's date, Feb 5th 1931.

It read: I love you Alfred...elope?
Lady Beatrice.

Mrs Ormbsy became flustered, fled from the study forgetting to close the door.



Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Author Notes
Thanks to Alpiquerastudio for Friction

     

© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement