FanStory.com - Being a Soldier In His Armyby patcelaw
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Personal story
Being a Soldier In His Army by patcelaw
































     
     I have been in the army of God now for close to fifty-eight years. I went to the recruiting headquarters several weeks in a row to see what this army had to offer me in the way of benefits. Each week the recruiter Mr. Donald Miller told of the benefits he had been given and each week showed me how my life in this army had great rewards at the end of my days.

     The recruiting headquarters were located on Second Street in Burbank, California. This city is where my new husband and I made our home. Since my husband was a new soldier in God's army, I wanted so much to become a fellow soldier with this wonderful man.

     After I prayed and signed up for this army, I was given orders to report for basic training, which was held three times a week. Sunday mornings at the training camp, a small Baptist church. Sunday nights at the same church for study, which was referred to as being training union. Then on Wednesday evenings, we met for required times of prayer to the Commander-in-Chief of the army I had joined.


     I was given a Bible which was the sword I was to carry, so I would know how to defend myself against the enemy of my soul. This sword had edges of gold. It wasn't a heavy sword, but it was sharper than any sword I had seen before, and I needed it to keep me safe. I was instructed to read and study it each day.

     Another thing required of me to put on the uniform which was called the whole armor of God. So to be obedient to the orders I began putting on the uniform.

     As I entered basic training I was given the helmet of salvation to protect the words I daily received from the Commander-in-Chief, as His words were beginning to fill my mind with truth.

     My Commander made sure I had the proper shoes for my feet which prepared me with the gospel of peace. The gospel I was instructed to share with others who were seeking to join this army. As I shared with others, I was finding I was becoming a stronger and more obedient as a soldier, for the Kingdom of my Commander.

     I was given the breastplate of righteousness and my loins were gird about with truth. Then above all I was to take the shield of faith which protected me from the fiery darts of the enemy of my soul.

     Since I was now equipped to march on in the army, I continued to follow orders. At least, I tried to follow the orders I had been given. Yet, sometimes I came up short. Coming short required me to spend more training time, in studying His orders and in required prayer.

     Now, I am nearing the time when I shall lay aside the uniform He had given me.  I'll be welcomed into a new world of eternal joy and be in the presence of my Commander, where time never ends.  There I'll receive the benefits I was promised by the Commander, when I joined the strongest army.  An army that never loses a battle and always wins the war.


-Patricia Lawrence
1-9-17

Recognized

Author Notes
Ephesians 6:11-17

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

The photo is of me when I willingly put on the uniform for my country, now I no longer wear that uniform, but am diligently keeping my new uniform ready for the battles ahead in this war.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement