FanStory.com - Wiggling Her Bottomby patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short story of my oldest daughter as a little girl
Wiggling Her Bottom by patcelaw































In 1964 we were living in Southern California. One Saturday we had gone to visit my mother and youngest sister at their home which was some twenty or so miles from our home. My sister was home, but mother wasn't yet home from her job.

While we waited for mother to arrive home there was a minor earthquake. We all felt the apartment building where mom and sister lived begin to tremble. The trembling was noticed by Penny, our oldest daughter. We didn't give it much thought, but later realized that was the first time Penny had experienced an earthquake.

When Penny's grandmother got home from work, Penny was excited to tell her grandma all about the shaking from the quake. Looking into her grandma's face and said, "Grandma, the house did this". Then she wiggled her little bottom side to side.

That event happened some fifty two years ago, but I can still close my eyes and see my precious little girl as she demonstrated how the earthquake had caused the building to shake.

I must say, being the mother of this precious little girl was fun as she came up quite often with gems of childhood wisdom.

To have the honor to be called mama, it is one of the best honors I've ever received in my life.

To me children are gift wrapped little packages, that can wiggle and say some of the funniest things. I've had a lot of these precious Art Linkletter moments as the mother of three girls.


-Patricia Lawrence
1-8-17

Recognized

Author Notes
The photo is a picture of my daughters when Penny was about six, Pam was four and Patty was three.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement