FanStory.com - Nightqueenby Meia (MESAYERS)
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
She is so beautiful it hurts.She is the Night Queen, Lilith.
Nightqueen by Meia (MESAYERS)


Your image pierces my heart before my vision catches up.
Your eyes rocket up at the sides, feline and sinful
They are
Greengage, and Gimlet coloured.
You are straight from an Aubrey Beardsley painting.
All snakelike curls and sinuous curves.
Your pussycat smile,
Betraying only a mere hint of a darting forked tongue.
Lips bee-stung, and the colour of shattered garnet,
And coils of midnight tinged with violet,
Are set off by the grey twilight behind you,
Lighting up like a crown upon your beautiful head.
As if you knew this is where I would find you.
Somehow I always find you.

You carefully picked through all the colours of nature
To set off your painful beauty.
"Stop it," I say, as you draw me toward you
But only very gently.
An animal scent seeps from you, not a perfume
And it is heady and throbbing, high with ambergris,
Night scented stock, notes of darkest crimson roses.
Almost black.
My head swims.

When I come to,
I remember the look in your eyes.
The blatant lack of humanity.
Almost of pity, amusement
As a cat toys with a mouse.
As you sapped my life force.
For when I am in your thrall

I want to die.
I want you to take me.
Please, next time...
Take me.
Take me ALL.
Take all of me.
Not this dumb, empty conch shell.
I want you to take me-
And drag me to Hell...

Related image
 

Recognized

Author Notes
The Night Queen is beautiful, dangerous, seductive and wicked. She is the Queen of Hell. For did Lilith not pronounce "I am Queen of Hell. All who would survive will serve me. Any who deny me will regret it." Lilith, the Queen of Hell and Mistress of Demons, was Adams first wife, and it was Lilith who visited Eve in the form of a sly serpent to free her from her prison of ignorance by feeding her the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. Here is a poem about a mortal man utterly in her thrall, as all men come to be when faced with Lilith in her human form. The word Lilith even means night creature. The definition of Succubus absolutely personifies Lilith, the seductive female who ravishes men in their sleep. In the Renaissance, Michelangelo portrayed Lilith as a half-woman, half-serpent, coiled around the Tree of Knowledge. Later, her beauty would captivate the English poet Dante Gabriel Rossetti.Her enchanted hair, he wrote, was threaded with the first gold. Irish novelist James Joyce cast her as the �¢??patron of abortions. Modern feminists celebrate her bold struggle for independence from Adam.

Gimlet-A fresh lime and vodka cocktail, always Green.

Aubrey Beardsley:
An artist who's drawings were often used by avante-garde writers to illustrate their work. The women were dangerously beautiful and pulsing with sexuality. After his Salome illustrations had made him well known as one of the Decadents, Beardsley became the art editor of two Fin de Siecle literary magazines, first the Yellow Book, and then The Savoy. Beardsley worked on the first five issues of the Yellow Book, but was fired when his name became involved with the Wilde scandal.

Greengage-A type of small green plum, tart to the palate.

Ambergris- a rare and deeply animal scent used in very exclusive perfumes, extracted from the digestive system of sperm whales. Alone it has a marine, almost a slightly fecal odour. However, as it ages, it acquires a sweet, earthy scent and this is why it was so valued in perfumes because when mixed with other scents, it becomes musky and can create some deeply exotic seductive oriental tones.

A forked tongue: is a tongue split into two distinct tines at the tip; this is a feature common to many species of reptiles.This increased ability to sense chemicals has allowed for heightened abilities to identify prey, recognise kin, choose mates, and more.

There are appearances of the phrase "forked tongue" in English literature, either in reference to actual snakes' tongues, or as a metaphor for untruthfulness, such as a sermon by Lancelot Andrewes, who died in 1626:

"And he hath the art of cleaving. He shewed it in the beginning, when he made the Serpent, lingnam bisulcam, a forked tongue, to speake that, which was contrary to his knowledge and meaning, They should not die; and as hee did the Serpents, so hee can doe others."

The phrase also appears in Milton's Paradise Lost:

"According to his Doom: He would have spoke, But Hiss for Hiss return'd with forked Tongue To forked Tongue, for now were all transform'd..."

     

© Copyright 2024. Meia (MESAYERS) All rights reserved.
Meia (MESAYERS) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement