FanStory.com - Blessing From Childrenby patcelaw
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
It is the little ones that mean so much.
Blessing From Children by patcelaw





















It has been my pleasure over the past year to be visited by some darling children every couple of weeks. Their grandmother Johanna, brings Heidi, Willie and Izzy, by my house after they have attended their piano lessons.

I have a piano and each of the children sit at the piano and play the latest thing they have learned.

Before they leave my home, they all give me a hug.  Their little arms around my neck feel so very special, like I have just received hugs from Jesus.

I play the piano some, but because of my eyesight I can no longer read the music so the piano only gets used when the children come to my home.

For Christmas, I gave each of the children a small gift of two dollars worth of dimes, along with a short note to let them know how much they mean to me when they come by to visit. I refer to their visits as 'getting my grandma fix'.

Last evening I saw the grandmother and she gave me hand written notes of thanks from the children. So many children today have not been taught to send thank you notes and many never even call and say thank you.

I love Heidi, Willie and Izzy much as I love my own great grandchildren. They will always be welcome in my home.

I just felt compelled to write this short story about these darling children.


-Patricia Lawrence
12-29-16

Recognized

Author Notes
The photo is of the three children who often visit me. I am posting this again because I promised to share a picture of these darling children to go along with the story.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement