FanStory.com - Storm Brewingby country ranch writer
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Plant Gets Hit Hard
Storm Brewing by country ranch writer
Fur Fly Challenge writing prompt entry
Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Plant Security called the Owasu Manufacturing Corporation the driving industry of Cartersville. Every able bodied person in a small village labored there. Most employees had toiled behind the gates for several Years.
A tight -knit community, life was peaceful and calm. Only two people knew the real reason the plant existed; the grizzled man who oversaw the day to day operations of the plant and the infiltrator carefully entrenched by the underground.
A balmy August afternoon settled over Cartersville. Off in the distance, rain clouds began to build, nothing like the storm that brewed behind the scenes.

The old man did just enough to get through his daily routine. All the stuff from the oil and stuff just kept building up day after day, year after year. The man supplying the underground with information was ruthless.

He was brought in as a transfer from the overseas department. No one was ever the wiser, or maybe they just didn't care. Stuff was disappearing right and left and the old geezer had no idea what was going on right in front of him. He just wanted to put in his time and go home. The man from overseas told him one day, if he didn't go along he could wake up dead.

Tornado warnings were up and a tornado was sighted just a couple of counties over heading their way . Those wanting to go home were allowed to leave and return home to their families.

The tornado raged on for what seemed like forever, tearing off roofs and metal, busting out the window glass on every floor. Everyone headed for the stairwells to try to find cover from the flying debris.

The tornado pummeled this community like it was nothing. It killed more than one person, flipped automobiles and destroyed many buildings beyond recognition. The storms were a part of a huge, violent system that raked across the USA.

Tornadoes were reported in six states over the next two days. There were reports of high winds and large hail. Everyone was warned to take shelter somewhere safe. Debris was flying everywhere, including, animals, cars, barns, trucks, you name it; it was really a horrific time.
Buildings collapsed, falling to the ground in cities and ports of call all along in the path of destruction.

Thousands were reported without power and three more tornadoes were reported on the ground. Storm chasers were in danger every where they went, but they say it helps the people . They are able to get out of the path of the tornado a lot sooner than in the past.

Flash flood warnings were issued for Cartersville. The tornado continued to rip through the plant scaring the workers to death. The ones who had stayed behind to help survived. Thank God. They were allowed to go home to their families soon as the danger was gone.

The whole community was in a turmoil because of the damage done to their quiet community. This is where you will see the community pull together. They will make it a safer place to live this time around. The tornadoes bring families and communities closer together. There wiil be lots of cleanup to keep everyone busy for the next few months.

They will raise money for the poor and needy to get back up on their feet and rebuild once again. They are survivors, that's for sure. Winter will be upon them soon enough, so they have got to hustle and get the kids ready for Christmas. There are parades and school plays to attend, and bake sales and cake walks to be held. The Salvation Army will have their Christmas dinner for everyone to come in and eat..


Writing Prompt
Here is a special challenge. To level the playing field, I will provide the start of the story, and these words must be used as written (no substituting other words for them).

You, in no more than 1500 words, and whatever genre floats your boat, finish the story.

Simple as that.

WORDS TO BE USED:

Plant Security called the Owasu Manufacturing Corporation the driving industry of Cartersville. Every able-bodied person in the small village labored there. Most employees had toiled behind the gates for several years.

A tight-knit community, life was peaceful and calm. Only two people knew the real reason the plant existed: the grizzled old man who oversaw the day-to-day operations of the plant and the infiltrator carefully entrenched by the underground.

A balmy August afternoon settled over Cartersville. Off in the distance rain clouds began to build, but nothing like the storm that brewed behind the scenes.

*****************************************************************************

LET THE FUR FLY!

Author Notes
Can't keep a small town down.

     

© Copyright 2024. country ranch writer All rights reserved.
country ranch writer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement