FanStory.com - Fr Brownby Heather Knight
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A very nice man. A troubled young woman.
Fr Brown by Heather Knight

'My mother was a vile woman,' I said.

Father Brown looked at me like he always did. Eyes big and round with shock.

I enjoyed upsetting him. He was such a cuddly man... Those were my favourite ... the nicest ones made the best victims.

'Don't say that, April.'

I laughed cruelly. I didn't care anymore. I had to make the most of the time I had left.

'It's true. Do you know how many men she slept with when I was little? And she did it with me in the house. I could hear everything...'

Father Brown scratched his chin thoughtfully. It was his urticaria, whenever he got nervous he got a skin rash.

'So, are you sure you don't want to confess?' he asked me after a while. 'It would do you good.'

'No, thanks, Father. I'm sure there's a toasty place in hell with my name on it.'

He flinched and sighed. Then he sat down. He was exhausted. I exhausted him. It was so much fun!

I finally heard the noise I had been expecting for the past twenty minutes. The metal door opened and a guard stood outside my door.

'Do you want me to stay?' Father Brown asked me.

'I don't care either way,' I said. Despite myself, my hands had started to tremble and a cold sweat drenched my lower back.

Shuddering, I realized I was about to find out if they said 'dead man walking' for a woman. Or was it 'dead woman walking'?

     

© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement