FanStory.com - In a nutshell.by robina1978
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A very short story, 150 words.
In a nutshell. by robina1978
Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
Who the hell can write about his total life in 150 words?

Conceived before they married, I was born as a heavy baby- eight Dutch pounds. I stayed on the heavy side till recently, after my cancer.

The eldest of five kids, not a nice position to be in. My parents always said they aimed for eleven kids as in a football team. Fortunately they stopped after five.

School and university in one big race, not doing more than needed. Loads of fun, going out in my student days, had (too) many boyfriends. So then I was a doctor, trained to become a Consultant Psychiatrist.

The best thing was meeting my husband (Robert) during my first holiday on my own. Was away for a week, engaged going home, and we married 3 months later. We still are together for better and for worse.



Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...

Recognized

Author Notes
Many thanks to fran m for this photo of a hospital.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement