FanStory.com - Fawns born again in the deer parkby robina1978
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A very short story
Fawns born again in the deer park by robina1978

A few months ago the does (female deer) were mated by a male deer, the one with antlers.
I think he must have struggled to mate them, as the fawns are being born far apart.

I reckon there are three fawns at the moment. They drink with Mom and are growing very quickly, kind of like weeds do.

When the second one was just born, it was lying against the fence without moving I was afraid it might be there to die. So after some thought, I tapped it with one finger. Luckily it was alive and still is.

I went to tell the guy that was looking after him at that time. He got very annoyed and told me with human smell the mother would reject it. This scared the hell out of me. The next day he was still there, alive and all. Someone suggested that these deer are so used to humans they don't mind.

Mind you as every year they don't like Smokey, our small dog, at all anymore.

Meantime three of them are running around mainly early evening. Such a beautiful sight, and there are more to come.

Recognized

Author Notes
The photo was made by me.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement