FanStory.com - Gramps and Jadonby Dr. Nad
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
From the mind of the four-year-old
Gramps and Jadon by Dr. Nad
I Remember writing prompt entry

I remember that day like it was yesterday. My four-year-old grandson and I were on a two hour road trip.

"I want to go to the store, Gramps," I heard his little voice over the din of the blaring sounds of the Morrison sisters.

"What did you say Jadon?" I asked loudly.

"Gramps, could you turn off that CD?" Jadon responded.

"Don't you like the Morrison sisters?" I queried.

"Yes, if you have a different CD,"

I chuckled inside, because we had been listening to the same CD for two hours straight earlier in the day when we had gone to Aunt Kristina's. I happened to know that this was his favorite CD entitled "Homesick". His Gramps had written the number 10 cut: "Get it Together." And Now on the way home, he had finally come to his four-year-old breaking point.

"Gramps, sometimes I just like silence!"


Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.

Recognized

Author Notes
This was a very short but humorous conversation between a four-year-old and his Gramps.

The song "Get it Together is on FanStory"

This has 148 words.

The picture is courtesy of Google pictures

     

© Copyright 2024. Dr. Nad All rights reserved.
Dr. Nad has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement