FanStory.com - By the Way, Momby IndianaIrish
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prose potlatch--a phone confession
By the Way, Mom by IndianaIrish
Story of the Month contest entry













Q















"Mom, can we discuss my wedding without your going loony tunes crazy?"

"What is it, now? The date is two months away, Regina, and I have everything all arranged for the perfect celebration here in the garden."

"Mom, there's—"

"It's going to be your dream wedding, darling. The music, the flowers, the caterer, and the decorations will all be stunning."

"I appreciate all you've done, but what you're planning isn't my dream wedding, Mom, it's yours. Alex and I have never wanted a huge ceremony with all the frills. Please understand, but—"

"Don't be silly, Gina. I need to give you an event to remember. I want to give you everything beautiful."

"I told you from the start, Mom, I wanted a small gathering of close family and friends to celebrate our marriage. You invited three hundred of your friends. People I've never met, for cryin' out loud! You made all the arrangements you wanted without asking me about anything. I know our being in California has been difficult, but we offered to fly to Florida many times, and you told us not to bother—you had it all under control. You didn't invite us to meet together to plan what kind of wedding we wanted, and you didn't even bother to ask me for Alex's guest list. Whenever I called, you shot down any request or suggestion I made. You haven't even met Alex, yet."

"I'm not going to apologize. My intentions have always been to give you the most outstanding social event Ft. Lauderdale has ever seen."

"Well, Mom, you're in for a shock. Alex and I got married yesterday in Lake Tahoe."

"You what!"

"Sorry, but we wanted our wedding and not yours. It was the way we both wanted."

"I can't believe it. Everything I did for you, and you turn around and slap me in the face? You're so ungrateful, Regina. What will I tell all my friends?"

"I'm sure you'll make yourself out to be the poor-taken-advantage-of-martyr as always."

"I can't believe you'd do this to me."

"I did it for Alex and me. And before I hang up, Mom, one more thing I want you to know. Don't have a heart attack, but Alex is Alexandria." 



 

Recognized

Author Notes
Post must be all dialogue with a minimum of 200 words with the topic being
a shocking confession. Hope you enjoy this.

Thank you, Angelheart, for allowing the use of your artwork, "Bridal Star".

     

© Copyright 2024. IndianaIrish All rights reserved.
IndianaIrish has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement