FanStory.com - A Brief Treatise on Gutless Gossipsby michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Octogram
A Brief Treatise on Gutless Gossips by michaelcahill




A Brief Treatise on Gutless Gossips
                                             by poor mikey




Surprise, surprise! I’m in the news--
behind my back.
I’m topic ‘A’ of hidden views--
a sneak attack.
And here I thought they loved me so,
but no, they wished me down below.
They plot to put me on the rack,
behind my back.
 

We were the closest of all crews,
a tight-knit pack.
It was all lies; I’ve got the blues--
their cheap attack
astonished me; I must be blind.
There was no clue that I could find.
You gutless punks, you talk big smack--
behind my back.




 

Recognized

Author Notes


An Octogram

This is an octogram as created by Fanstorian, Sally Yokom.
There are two stanzas. Syllable sequence per line is 84848884 84848884.
Rhyme scheme is aBabccbB ababddbB.
Capital B indicates an exact repeated line.
Written in iambic meter.

It has come to my attention that people have been talking about me behind my back, thus this little poem. I understand there is a rather large group of people who think I'm an ego-maniac of some kind and have little regard for others etc. Well, that is just lovely. I'd appreciate if anyone who has a problem with me address me directly. Talking about people behind their back is cowardly and it is something done here at an alarming rate. Personally I could care less what people want to congregate in secret and say about me. However, I better not find out anyone is talking about a single one of my friends behind their backs. That I will not take in stride. You don't want to know my reaction to that.
Why don't we all just get back to the business of writing. If you don't like someone avoid them. It's a big place. No one is forcing anyone to review anyone else. You don't have to respond to reviews with anymore than, "Thank you".
I see a lot of envy and jealousy here. Artists are supposed to admire each other and support each other. I don't understand the lack of that here. Anyway, you don't like me, fine. Stay away from me.




     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement