FanStory.com - Bigots... really? by lancellot
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Are you sure about that?
Bigots... really? by lancellot
Are Genetics Pathetic? writing prompt entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.

















No, the transgender bathroom issue isn’t new. No, it has nothing to do with same-sex marriage being made consitutional. There are 17 states and over 200 cities and counties that have transgender bathroom and accommodation laws.
 
The only reason most people haven't heard about them is because they were 'in favor' of transgender wants, so the media was silent on it. Yes, in those states people who were opposed, 'lost' the vote, and do you know what they did?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/fd/c1/46fdc1df8272a4120cd5b08b656dfa25.jpg
NOTHING!!
 
Shocked? Don’t be. They didn't call people names. They didn't protest in the streets. They didn't call those who disagree with them hateful, accuse them on hate speech, or phobic this or that. They didn't get their hypocrite celebs to cancel concerts. They RESPECTED the democratic process of majority rule.

But the two times the vote did not go the Progressive way. Chaos, pandemonium, shouts of hatred, marches, cable news with an Anderson Cooper special on CNN. The President picking up the Bat-phone and changing laws (which he can't do) and sending out the D.O.J and the D.O.E (Meanwhile hundreds are killed in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, etc and the President goes golfing.) The Boss cancelled his rock concert for people on both sides of the issue.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-INTN2zH6USo/VxTiSPOJdAI/AAAAAAAAHQs/QuLqhsgB6OI8KksHtAi3ugeaXhdmNXJuQCLcB/s1600/springsteen.jpg
Speaking of cancelling concerts and boycotting the state, I don’t want people to think that I too am name-calling. I said they are hypocrites because they are, and I can prove it with evidence. The Boss, Bruce Springsteen and Bryan Adams both cancelled concerts in North Carolina and Mississippi. They also called for boycotts of the states.

“Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them” – Bruce Springsteen

“I cannot in good conscience perform in a State where certain people are being denied their civil rights due to their sexual orientation. Therefore I’m canceling my 14 April show at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum,” said Bryan Adams, after Miss. passed its Religious Liberty Law.

These two men regularly played concerts in Middle Eastern (majority Muslim) Nations where members of the LGBT community are hanged publically, imprisoned, stoned, denied the right to marry, work, or even admit they exist.  They performed there and happily got paid.

Also, I’d like to point out the self-admitted progressives Springsteen and Adams have no issue with denying services to people because of their deeply
held personal beliefs, but feel it is wrong when someone not of their tribe does it.
***

There are false assumptions without any evidence made by some, not all or even most progressives that are biased and sad.  Yes, I’ll explain.

The false narrative of… if I believe a male is always a male and a female is always a female does not EQUATE to:  I HATE YOU.  This does not make one trans-phobic. Actually, it doesn’t even make sense.
 
Phobia: noun
an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
"he had a phobia about being under water"
synonyms: fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear, dread, horror, terror, hatred, loathing, detestation, aversion, antipathy, revulsion
 
Why does the Trans or LGBT person get to define how I feel or what I am (hater.... bigot), but I can’t define how they feel or what they are?
http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/b/question.gif
There are actually many transgender people who publicly state if a cis-gender man or woman refuses to date or sleep with a transgender then they are trans-phobic bigots. Yes, they demand that a transgender woman is a real woman, vagina or penis, it doesn’t matter. If you refuse to date a transgender woman with a penis bigger than yours (sorry) than you are an uneducated bigot. (I will leave the links below.) Yet, they get to choose who they are, what they are, and who they want to date (No hypocrisy there).
 
There are also false assumptions without any proof made by some, not all or most members of the general public, not LGBT. Just because the lifestyle isn’t for you, doesn’t mean those that choose it are monsters, perverts or predators.  Do not be a hypocrite people!

Now does that mean they get to choose the restroom of their choice? I’m fine with there being three public restrooms, so everyone’s privacy is respected. Let’s try one restroom for males, one for females, and one for transgender people. That way everyone is happy and equal.
***

For years, I knew it was wrong for me to enter the girl’s restroom or locker, and I have never called the practice of denying me entrance bigotry or discrimination. Was it?

This is an important question I want everyone to answer. All the years you went into a men’s or women’s restroom and not into the other, did you ever feel discriminated against? Did you ever protest, march, or fight to change the privacy laws?  If you ever accidently entered the other gender’s restroom, how did you immediately feel? For all the years of your life as a male have you ever fought, protested, wrote a story or a poem for the right to pee in the women's restroom? If you are an adult female, have you ever wrote, marched, or fought for the right to have males pee in the women's restroom? Look through your portfolio and please repost that scathing poem or  heart-felt story from  years ago when you thought separate restrooms were silly or discrimitory. Please, I'd love to see it.

Now ask yourself. If transgender people were not the minority but the majority, would you be upset over the bathroom law? Would you be upset over any perceived slight against them?  Do you protest about LGBT discrimination in Eastern cultures or only Western cultures? How many stories have you read about the bigoted Christians against the nice LGBT person, vs the stories about the bigoted Muslim against the nice LGBT person?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Cx5YSp-ghS8/SrPUwmGIAII/AAAAAAAACf8/SvrSWKkscWE/s320/newsweekcoverbabyracist.jpg
Are you marching over the high rate of white male suicides? Did you even know? Are you upset that women dominate college graduations and admissions? Are you mad that women receive far less prison sentences than men for the same or worse crimes? Do you even read stories of LGBT or minority intolerance and hoax hate crimes against innocent people or companies? Have you ever asked why the villain in 90% of movies and crime dramas are white men… even in New York or Chicago? Are there any minoirty causes you are against? Would Newsweek dare place a little black face on the picture above?
***

Lastly, if a man can be a woman, what happens to Women’s business grants and government contracts? Can a transgender woman now qualify? If you can choose your gender based on how you feel, why not your race or age? The same arguments and reasons apply. They are all biological and societal constructs based on it. Can you give a legal argument for one and not have it be applicable for the other?

Before I go:
This fight isn’t real. It was a test, used to see if the Federal Government can force states to conform by withholding federal funds, if they unilaterally alter an existing law.

Mind you, there are ‘sanctuary cities’ that openly defy existing federal immigration law.  No force or extortion of federal funds has ever been levied against them for breaking the law, even when American citizens have been beaten, raped, robbed or murdered.

They want to see what the public will do as long as they claim they're doing it for a minority group, and so far… I think they are pleased with what is happening.

All I’m saying is feeling is good but thinking is essential. Stop, Breathe, and Think.
 
Throws two pennies on the table
 


Writing Prompt
You can write a short story or poem about why or why not a transgender can share the same restroom with a sex they were not born as and or why it is okay to change being male or female or why it isn't. The committee will not be monitoring as I have chose to do so. Please don't be scared to stand your ground either way as this is anonymous.

Author Notes
Fact: It is easier to argue with emotions and throw around insults, than it is to debate with logic, reason, and evidence.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/transgender-people-and-law

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/13/hypocrites-springsteen-bryan-adams-right-deny-service-based-consciences-328404#ixzz48xSCdhNW

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/savage-love/article/13041679/savage-love-does-not-wanting-to-screw-trans-women-make

http://avengers-for-social-justice.tumblr.com/post/89039998981/is-it-transphobic-to-not-be-sexually-attracted-to
http://www.worldmag.com/2016/05/feds_all_public_schools_must_redefine_gender
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/apply-women-minority-owned-business-grants-5190.html
http://thefederalist.com/2014/03/27/if-we-can-pick-our-gender-can-we-pick-our-age-our-race/
https://www.yahoo.com/news/openly-gay-pastor-admits-wrote-203000285.html

     

© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement