FanStory.com - Never Too Oldby prettybluebirds
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A tragic farm story.
Never Too Old by prettybluebirds
100 Word Dash writing prompt entry

His wife and kids said he was too old to brush hog along the road anymore. They said at his age it was too dangerous for him to drive the tractor. But it was something he loved doing and had done all his adult life; no one was going to stop him.

He made his son help him get on the tractor and proceeded to cut the grass down to his daughter's house.

An error in judgement on his way home put him too close to the bank and the tractor went over. He died doing what he loved most.


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized

Author Notes
My husband is 86 and insists he can do everything he did in his young years. The tractor in this picture looks like one of his tractors. I always used to worry something like this story would happen to him. Thank goodness he finally quit driving the tractors this year. When my husband decides he wants to do something there is no stopping him; therefore my story.

     

© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement