FanStory.com - Syria 2016by tfawcus
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Triolet for the contest
Syria 2016 by tfawcus
    Triolet Poetry Contest Winner 

Because of weapons friends supplied,
this war's dragged on for five long years,
and countless innocents have died
because of weapons friends supplied.
The allies rage on either side;
such waste of life, so many tears.
Because of weapons friends supplied,
this war's dragged on for five long years.
Triolet Poetry
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
There have been warring factions in Syria for many years, and doubtless there will be conflict there for many years to come. However, death and destruction has never been on this scale before.

It is estimated that the present conflict, which flared up in 2011, would have gradually abated after about twelve months, but for the constant re-armament of the warring factions by other countries, enabling destruction of property and dislocation of people on a scale not seen since World War 2.

There are currently more than eighteen million Syrians who have been displaced and many of them are women and children. That, by way of comparison, significantly exceeds the combined populations of New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago or, put another way, more than three-quarters of the entire population of Australia.

Photo by Mstyslav Chernov (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

     

© Copyright 2024. tfawcus All rights reserved.
tfawcus has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement