FanStory.com - Sunday Morning Fishingby Ric Myworld
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The joys and sorrows of fishing.
Sunday Morning Fishing by Ric Myworld
200 Word Story writing prompt entry

Sunday morning, the sun’s rays spray through the trees like laser beams.

A soft breeze blows across the lake’s crystal-clear water as a deep croak bellows from, undoubtedly, a Mack-daddy frog. I can see his legs jumping as they sizzle in the skillet, already.

I flip the tip of my ultra-light rod sending the fluorescent orange-stick bobber flying through the air, landing with a plunk as it sends a rippling effect atop the water.

I lay that crappie pole in a holder and grab up my rig for catching big catfish off the bottom. I give it a giant cast and it floats for about 50 yards to the lake’s center.

An ice-cold Budweiser, the “Breakfast of Champions,” I pop a top to wet my whistle as I sit down in my comfy-butt extra-padded fold-up chair.

The big pole doubles over, drag roaring, line zinging. I snatch it up and yank to set the hook, but the faster I reel, and harder I pull, the more line this monster peels off.

I slip, falling on my butt. Then, wallow in the muddy bank as my new rod and reel skim off down the lake.

I should have gone to church.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.

Recognized

Author Notes
The one that got away.

     

© Copyright 2024. Ric Myworld All rights reserved.
Ric Myworld has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement