FanStory.com - My Commandersby patcelaw
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
True part of my past as I now see it.
My Commanders by patcelaw
Share Your Story contest entry




























Having been in the army of the United States of America many years ago, I had to take an oath to defend my country and follow the orders of my commander-in-chief. I had to be willing to lay down my life should that be required of me.
My stay in the army was cut short when I was given a drink and do not remember what happened the rest of the evening. Two weeks later while standing in line for inspection, I fainted.  Taken to the infirmary I  soon found out why I had fainted. It was determined that I was pregnant.

So I had to face having to follow another commander-in-chief. That commander, none other than God Himself. He made it clear to me what I needed to do. He wanted me to have the child that I had conceived in an act of rape.
I had the child and gave him up for adoption. I've been blessed  to find him and let him know because of love that I not only let him live, but then allowed others to take him and raise him in a wonderful home.

Now at the age of 77 I can truly say, I 've been blessed by God well beyond measure all my life. I've had to continue to be a good soldier, now for God my Commander-in-Chief.
I look forward to the time when He calls me before Him and I receive any rewards He might want to bestow upon me. I just want to hear Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant soldier."

Until that day I will keep my uniform of forgiveness on, having my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace and keep my shield of faith at the ready, so I may stay in step with His commands. God indeed does  bless when we follow His commands.

Recognized

Author Notes
The photo is of Dwight D. Eisenhower who was my commander-in-chief when I was in the army. God is now my Commander-in-Chief

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement