FanStory.com - Christmas Without Youby Teri7
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
missing my sons and inlaws
Christmas Without You by Teri7
Christmas Story contest entry

It's usually about this time of year that we are headed to Bethlehem, PA. This year it is not where we can do it. I guess I will be happy sitting at home, doing projects around the house. I knew it would not truly be Christmas without George and Mary Lou. Then I thought of our middle son, Timothy, and his wife, Ann. They would be there for Christmas also. Mom and Dad Shortess have a big and roomy house with plenty of bedrooms in it.

I would always look out my bedroom window as the snow was falling and look out to see all the decorations every where. It was one of my favorite things to do. Mary Lou would always be baking something and it always smelled so tasty and good. Why does my MS have to be acting up at Christmas time?

I have even been asked by people why I believe in Jesus if I have such a terrible disease. I look at them and say," Jesus did not give me the disease. He allows things to happen in our life for a reason."

I'm not happy because we can't put up our big Christmas tree. I know it's my fault because of the cats but they are very special and getting older too. So we have this little dinky tree that looks like a Charlie Brown tree in the living room. The cats don't even look at it.

I remember the times we went to PA as a family for Christmas. It was Tom. me and the three boys. Jonathon was the oldest and the twins were 10 years younger so you can only imagine a trip that far in a car with three wild ones. Believe it or not, they were really good most of the time.

I would always have my favorite Christmas CD's playing in the car, looking out the window watching the snow as it would glide down. How beautiful it was.

I wonder how I got from thirty three to fifty nine so fast? Where did the time go? When I look in the mirror I don't see a fifty nine year old woman. I just see me but a lot older. Gee Whiz!

We stopped at every Cracker Barrel going and coming from PA. We either had to eat or use the restroom. That's why it took us so long to get there and get back home. Our oldest son, Jonathon, would feed and water the cats for us when he finally got old enough to get married and move away.

So this Christmas on Christmas Eve we will be spending it with our grandson Greyson. He will be two years old on February 6th. This will be a wonderful Christmas after all. We will be home with the cats and see Jonathon, Sha and Greyson.

Merry Christmas to you all. Teri


Recognized

Author Notes
Thinking about our trips to PA and how much I miss them.

     

© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement