FanStory.com - Liquid Prayersby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A groan, a sigh, a tear, may be a profound prayer to God.
Liquid Prayers by Deniz22

Israel spent 400 years in Egypt and multiplied to aproximately 2.5 million people. Through Joseph, who had saved Egypt, they were at first welcomed. As they continued to prosper and grow over the years, a new Pharaoh came on the scene. He believed he was god, ignored Joseph's part in the history of Egypt, and enslaved the Israelites.

He put them to hard labor under cruel taskmasters and demanded that all boy babies be slaughtered, lest Israel outgrow Egypt and overpower him and his army.

Women wept over their murdered children and men with bleeding backs moaned aloud. The whole nation of Israel was enslaved and suffering...where was God? Did He care?
We don't see any public prayers recorded on earth, but their silent pleas were heard in Heaven. 


God spoke to a reluctant, defeated Moses: “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them...

Moses, after some persuading, went with Aaron to meet with the people and give them some good news.

 Moses and Aaron brought together all the elders of the Israelites, and Aaron told them everything the Lord had said to Moses. He also performed the signs before the people, and they believed. And when they heard that the Lord was concerned about them and had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshiped.

Miracles, messengers from God, a message from God...all powerful, but it seems the manifestation of God's love and concern for them in their difficult situation was the ultimate cause of their heart-felt worship.

God cares! The scriptures are full of His wonderful love! He cares for you right where you are and He has come in the Person of His Son Jesus, to deliver us from the slavery of sin and the cruelty of Satan. He is all powerful and has overcome the grave. Trust Him today and allow Him to lead and guide you. Even as He cares for nations, so He cares for hurting people.

The Psalmist wrote:


 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.

 Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
 The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.


Recognized

Author Notes
Trust Christ today, while you still can! He loves you and promises to save the weakest believer forever. Just simply ask Him to save you and He will.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement