FanStory.com - Football Gameby Treischel
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Trois-par-Huit Poem
Little Poems
: Football Game by Treischel


Helmets on.
Numbered jerseys upon
Excited kids, who dream of glory.

On fields of grass, marked by chalked-off territory,
They battle hard to tell the victory story;
Exerting effort, absorbing pain ~

An Autumn age domain ~
Football game.



Author Notes
This is a Poem about American Football. The picture is from my grandson Jeremy's game. He is number 87 in the photograph and is playing defensive linebacker. They lost the game 18 - 12. His team is all 6th Graders (11 year olds). He has been playing since he was 9.

This poem is a Trois-par-Huit.
The Trois-par-Huit ( French forThree-by-Eight) was created by Lorraine M. Kanter. It is a poem containing three stanzas of eight lines, with a distribution of 3, 3 and 2 lines OR 3, 2 and 3 lines across the 8 lines total. One aspect of this format is that, the first 7 lines of the poem provide an image in words that the last line (the same as the title) names. The format is derived from a rich poetic pedigree of French poetry. A Huitain is a French verse-form coming from the 15th and early 16th Centuries, with an eight-line stanza with 8 or 10 syllables in each line, often iambic. It was written with three rhymes. The Un huitain enlace, or an enclosed huitain had a rhyme scheme of aabaabcc, which this non-iambic form borrows. Rather, this format carries a structured format in a pyramided syllable count.

It has a syllable count of: 3, 6, 9, 12, 12, 9, 6, 3.

The rhyming pattern is:
aab bbc cc,
where the last line is the title of the poem and summarizes the meaning of the poem.
*Note: These poems are to appear center aligned.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on Saturday, September 19, 2015.

     

© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement