FanStory.com - Watch Out, Falling Stoneby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Christ will be exalted in the earth
Watch Out, Falling Stone by Deniz22

Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?
43 "Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed." Matthew 21:42

Jesus refers here to a traditional story about the building of the temple. The stone cutters in the quarry sent up the capstone first. The builders rejected it, not aware of its destined place as the highest stone in the completed building. They rejected it, and threw it into the dump reserved for broken stones and other building debris.

In the same manner, the unbelieving "builders" of the Kingdom, the Pharisees and Sadducees, did not recognize Jesus, the Lord of lords and King of kings, when He came to them riding on a donkey. This form of arriving in a city showed the inhabitants this King was coming in peace. Yet the unbelieving leaders of Jerusalem "stumbled" over Him, and rejected Him.

This stubborn unbelief of theirs, as all unbelief, is unreasonable. Jesus said of all who reject Him, "They hate me without a cause." In spite of His impeccable scriptural credentials, His sinless life shown to all, His demonstration of God's power and His forgiveness of sins, they remained in darkness, made sightless by their lusts, ambitions and pride.

Therefore, they were broken, both individually and collectively. Seventy years later, the Temple was destroyed, even as Jesus predicted. Thus, in God's plan, the Mosaic system was done away with, since orthodoxy demands blood sacrifices must be offered in the Temple.

So those first century rejecters have fallen and been eternally broken (lost forever) at Christ's first coming. In His Second Coming, He will come from Heaven, riding (note the contrast) a white war horse and He is not coming in peace. He is coming as the Prince of Peace to destroy all opposition to the establishment of His own Kingdom. It is then the second part of His warning will be enacted; "anyone on whom it (the "stone from Heaven") falls will be crushed."

Personal application: God has given a command to all which supersedes all others in importance and all should listen closely as your eternal soul is at stake, according to your response. Here's God's command concerning His Son: "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead." Acts 17:29-31 (The Apostle Paul)

"Repent" really means to change your mind about Jesus, who He is and the importance of what He did. He is God's Son and He died to pay for all of your sins so you could have confidence before God in all His holiness. And then, to further assure you of your own salvation, He raised Jesus from the dead to show God's acceptance of the sacrifice He made on your part.

Please don't ignore this command to believe, as time is fleeting. God is not going to continue to allow this tiny planet to spin ever deeper into sin, death and finally, eternal destruction. Scripture assures us, the Judge is standing at the door, ready to return and execute Divine judgment and then establish on earth, His everlasting Kingdom of righteousness. Only His desire that you would repent before that time restrains Him now from "falling like a stone from Heaven" to crush all unbelieving opposition. (2 Peter 3:9:The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.)

Start believing TODAY in this wonderful Person and feed your faith by getting to know Him through the Bible. God's Spirit will help you understand, believe, hope and love the One who loved you first.



Recognized

Author Notes
John 5:24 (Jesus speaking...to you): "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life."

Please note, Christ Himself says all believers already possess eternal life! Wonderful assurance! (has eternal life) Believe and be safe, keep on learning and be sure!

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement