FanStory.com - Directions on IOby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 200 word story
Short
: Directions on IO by Bill Schott


Dresfed was lost and looking for someone to help him. An Ionian slugged up in front of him with its appendage outstretched. It looked like a catcher's mitt on a flayed eel protruding from a boulder of beige meat.

"Sir, would you help me?"

"Em meeka op too meela?"

"No, I haven't any loose change. Can you show me the way to the space station?"

"Em meeka lassee lum lasee-see."

"No. I'll need to keep both of my legs. The space station?"

"Em meeka kabbo jook kook kay nabboo?"

"Okay. Here is a pint of blood. It's not mine, but I can vouch for the guy. I have a finger you can have. It's the middle one...Ha ha. Oh, and this face."

"Fir blicks sith. Lik fir mi brither. Hi will hilp yi with yir bigs."

Dresfed waved thanks with his four-fingered hand. There would be no talking until he had a new face. It was good he'd brought sunglasses to protect his eyes. Lucky he had an extra shot of blood to barter with as well. Getting to the space station, another Ionian took his bags. It took a step, paused, and turned around.

"Em meeka op too meela?”


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Thanks to Moonwillow for the great graphic.

Fir blicks sith. Lik fir mi brither. Hi will hilp yi with yir bigs
Four blocks south. Look for my brother. He will help you with your bags.

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement