FanStory.com - Is It The End?by giraffmang
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How much worse does it need to get?
Is It The End? by giraffmang
    Dear God, Contest Winner 















Dear God,

We live in such a secular age that many believe we are on our own. Man is subverting the word of God for his own means and agendas. There is a great dichotomy alive in the world. 'This is the word of God and we shall kill to promote it.' Where does this come from? I know that our faith is there to be tested, so that it becomes stronger, but it is becoming harder to have blind faith when all around devastation and erosion rage. How much more sinful does man need to become before your plan is made apparent? I know that there is one but when is the time?

I also know that we have let you down with the world you have provided for us, and I worry if today's world is a punishment for this treatment. I was listening to that Louis Armstrong classic the other day, and I had to stop and think. This is what came to me, Lord.

"I see trees of green" that are being destroyed every day.
"Red roses too", but a world that has been covered in thorns.
"I see them bloom", and then wither away and die.
"For me and you, and I think to myself,"
Where's our wonderful world?

"I see skies of blue" that have become clogged with smog and smoke.
"And clouds of white" as well as those bearing acid rain.
"The bright blessed day" burning the world at its feet.
"The dark sacred night" as the temperatures plummet too far.
"And I think to myself,"
Where's our wonderful world?

"The colours of the rainbow" are more appreciated than the colours of our skin.
"So pretty in the sky" filled with pollutants.
"Are also on the faces, of people going by," who are racially profiled.
"I see friends shaking hands "
"Saying, 'How do you do?'" while waiting to stab you in the back.
"They're really saying,"
I would crawl right over you.

"I hear babies cry", but worry about the reasons why.
"I watch them grow" more selfish and entitled with each passing day.
"They'll learn much more,"
"Than I'll ever know" at far too young an age as innocence has gone.
"And I think to myself,"
Where's our wonderful world?

"Yes, I think to myself,"
Where is YOUR wonderful world?

Is the end of the world nigh?

Sincerely, with Reverence,
Man


 


Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.
Dear God,
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
The pieces in quotation marks are intentional as they are the actual lyrics from 'What a Wonderful World'. The rest is my own meagre contribution.

Artwork is my own, no trick photography or digital manipulation / editing.

     

© Copyright 2024. giraffmang All rights reserved.
giraffmang has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement