FanStory.com - Stewartstein's Monstersby Dean Kuch
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
From 'neath the icy earth they wobbled...
Stewartstein's Monsters by Dean Kuch
    How did Phyllis meet her penguins? Contest Winner 

 photo StewartsteinsMonstersPoem_zpsaea61325.jpg


 photo 61cedd32-5053-4e06-b418-056a3d5157e0_zpsd39b1e46.jpg


Writing Prompt
This is for those of you familiar with my singing penguin family. People have asked how I met them, and I won't tell. But YOU can.

Write a story about how and where I met the penguin family that sings here for holidays. To see Papa, Mama, Petey, and Penny, just look in Phyllis's portfolio under BOOKS --> SINGING PENGUINS for examples.

The story may be in prose or in the form of a long poem. Stories in poetry must have a minimum of 20 lines. There is no maximum or minimum for prose stories.

Have fun! And no fair asking a penguin. They've all been told they'll get an extra mackerel for turning in cheaters. :)
How did Phyllis meet her penguins?
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
The title of this work, "Stewartstein's Monsters" is an obvious nod to Mary Shelleys classic horror novel, Frankenstein. Many who aren't fans of the genre are unaware that Victor Frankenstein, the madman who creates the monster, is where the book derives its name. The monster itself has no name. Yet, when the word, "Frankenstein" is spoken, people always think of the stitched-together, mindless, undead thing brought back to life before anything else. The first edition of her novel was published anonymously in London in 1818. Shelley's name appears on the second edition, published in France in 1823. The much beloved actor, Boris Karloff made the monster Frankenstein a household name after his starring role in the 1931 film adaptation by Universal Pictures.

I entered this contest only because I have the greatest admiration and respect for Phyllis Stewart. The famous antics of her Penguin Family, featuring Papa, Mama, Penny and Petey Penguin, have created many a laugh for all of us, each and every holiday. They've brought lots of joy into the hearts and lives of many. I for one hope they'll continue to do so for many years to come.

This one's for you, Phyllis! <3

As always, thank you very much for reading and supporting my work.

     

© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement