FanStory.com - Junco Jargonby Treischel
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An Essence Poem
Little Poems
: Junco Jargon by Treischel

It's not absurd you haven't heard.
Is Junco not a winter bird?



Author Notes
This bird that is perched on the railing of my back porch is a Dark-eyed Junco. The best-known species of the Juncos, a genus of small grayish American sparrows. This bird is common across much of temperate North America and in summer ranges far into the Arctic. So, it is very much a winter bird. Adults generally have gray heads, necks, and breasts, gray backs and wings, and a white belly. They are the most common bird on my bird feeder in the winter, along with the Cardinal, and Chickadees.

This poem is an Essence Poem.
An Essence Poem consists of a poem with only two lines of six to eight syllables each. The two lines are rhyming couplets. Each line must also have at least one inline rhyme that rhymes somewhere with the other line, besides the end rhyme.

There is no meter requirement.

This photograph was taken by the author in April, 2013.

     

© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement