FanStory.com - Our Daughter Pattyby patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Our surprise daughter
Our Daughter Patty by patcelaw














God planted another rose in my garden as He gave us our daughter Patty

Patty Our Third Daughter

Patty was born on September 14, 1964. She is exactly 15 months younger than her sister Pamela. Since they were so close in age I had two babies in diapers at the same time. My husband made sure I had a diaper service for about a year until Pamela was potty trained. It was a great help to me because I had some physical problems which made it hard for me to be on my feet for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

Patty was a cute baby and a good baby. Since she had two sisters who would do everything for her, she didn't walk until she was 15 months old.

Patty was my funny child, she had a way of making me laugh and since she was a surprise and I was not real happy to be having a baby so soon after Pamela, I cherished her sense of humor.

Patty when she was about 5 years old, found out she could make herself look and sound like a monkey. She was very good with doing the monkey bit and you would have sworn there was a monkey in our house.

One day I was looking out the window at the back of our house. It was a hot day in the summer. Patty had an itch on her back. She backed up to the apricot tree and as I was watching she was moving up and down on the trunk of the tree. I laughed as she reminded me of a baby bear in the woods rubbing his back on a tree.

Patty came home from school one day and told me a very funny joke. I will not tell the joke here because it involves having an accent and is better told in person.

When she was in about the fifth grade she came home and said, "Mommy what is a virgin?"
I asked, "Patty why do you need to know?"
She said, "A girl in my class asked me if I was a virgin."
To which I replied, "What did you say?"
" I told her yes."
"Patty, if you didn't know what a virgin was, how did you know to say yes?"
She said, "I figured I was a virgo so that made me a virgin."
That is one time the horoscope came in handy.

When she was in 7th grade her teacher was loading her down with so much homework that she could not keep up and her grades began to slip severely. I had to go to the school and have her moved to a different teacher. From there on Patty was a very good student.

Later after she became a mother she went to college got her BA in accounting, worked for about 2 years, then went back to college and got her Masters degree in accounting. She was a Crimson Scholar at New Mexico State University.

So I had three daughters, each of whom were different and I encouraged them all to do what they wanted to do, but to do everything to the best of their abilities. They all work in some area of the accounting field.
************************************************************************
 

Poem written by my daughter Patricia Heath.

MOTHERS

What's so special about mothers,...
They cook and meet our needs,
Most always thinking about others,
And doing very good deeds.

They watch us when we're playing,
And help us when we fall,
They answer many questions,
That surely come to us all.

And as we're growing bigger,
They go through pain and strife,
To train, guide and direct us,
And try to shape our life.

They pray that when we're grown,
We'll follow in God's ways,
That we may have a fruitful life,
And live for many days.

So let's think of our mother,
As a kind, compassionate friend,
And remember to say, "I love you,"
Again and again and again.
(Written by)
Patricia A. Heath
Daughter of Patricia Lawrence


Author Notes
Patty was indeed a surprise as we were not wanting to have children so soon after the second daughter, but you know it was one of those oops times. God knew we needed a girl like Patty, and I am so glad she is my girl,

The photo is Patty and her grandson Bryson.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement