FanStory.com - Pamela Our Second Daughterby patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Memories of second daughter
Pamela Our Second Daughter by patcelaw

















Pamela Our Second Daughter

It was a lovely day in June when God planted this rose in my garden.

On the night before Mother's day 1963 my husband and I went to a Los Angeles Dodger baseball game. We saw Sandy Koufax pitch a no hitter against the San Francisco Giants. He did walk one batter, so he pitched to only 28 batters.

On June 14, 1963, flag day in America, when our dear Pam came into our lives. When she was born, she looked like she might have been six weeks old already. Even at 7 pounds 5 ounces her face was very filled out.

Pamela was a delight to raise. She is such a sweet girl even now and always a sweet girl as a child.

Some memories of her are as follows:

Pam was born with feet that turned in, this condition is referred to as monkey toes.  She had to be fitted with special shoes. The shoes made her look like she had her shoes on the wrong feet. They were made with a last that would in time turn her feet so they would be straight. The shoes were costly at $60 a pair and had to be changed about every 3 months, so it was expensive to correct her foot problems.

When Pam was six months old I found out I was expecting a third child.

About 5 or 6 years of age she sat her little sister Patty in a chair and cut Patty's ponytails off at different lengths. I had no choice that day but to sit Patty in a chair and cut her hair into a quite short cut.

Pam was about 8 when she drew a picture with crayons on the outside of our house. I was not very happy about this and I made her scrub the drawing off the house. Guess what she never did that again.

Pamela was always a very prissy girl and she liked order in her world. She had to room with Patty, and many times they would get into a fuss, because Patty was not as neat as Pam.

Pamela was a boy magnet as she grew up.  She was a very pretty girl. It seemed she changed boy friends like she changed her socks. I never knew who she would bring home for me and her dad to meet.  But it didn't take her long to determine if a guy was or was not right for her.


Pamela was a good student. When she was in fourth grade, her teacher told me she expected Pamela to be a better student as she was comparing Pam to her sister Penny. I made it clear to the teacher that I would not allow her to compare one of my children with the other two.

Pam played the clarinet in the high school band. She also became a cheer leader when she decided she wanted to drop out of band.

Being a prissy girl as she grew up she wanted to have girls some day. After she married she had 3 sons, but never the girl she had wanted. So she enjoyed showering girly gifts on her 2 nieces.

Just a few of the memories



 

Author Notes
Photo is of Pamela as a grown up.
My children were all very different and it was a pleasure to be their mother.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement