FanStory.com - Dear Fatherby LoannaLois
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Remembering a lifetime of His presence
Dear Father by LoannaLois
    Dear God, Contest Winner 

Dear Father,

It's getting late, and I am getting sleepy, but for some reason I am compelled to touch base with You.

I was thinking about our friendship and the moments when I have leaned on You. Do You remember my very first prayer? Amazingly, I do.I was about five years old and had rolled down the basement stairs with my teddy bear-in-her-red-dress. I couldn't move when I reached the cement, and I was scared because Mom was next door. I asked for Your help, and You were there. Eventually, I regained my mobility completely.

When my nightmares of being abused continued throughout my childhood, I asked for your help, and You were there. My trust in You began then, when no one knew but You.

When I was drowning in Bilfry Lake, You were there. You sent Paul to be Your arms to pull me from the water.

When I was followed by a recently released criminal,and Mother, Dad and I were threatened with his gun, I called for You. You sent help. Dad was able to get the police's attention by blinking his bright lights over and over.

So many times I have needed You to help with a precious mentally challenged daughter. You came. When the same daughter married a convicted felon in the prison yard...with none of us knowing, You were there. Then, months later, when he threatened to kill all of us, You saved us.

You and I have weathered many storms. You have helped me in times of sickness and death. You have held me in Your loving arms when I no longer knew love. You have answered prayers that I didn't have to pray for my loved ones.

You have blessed me with a family I adore, friends I treasure, a church that I call home, and gifts beyond measure.

Now that I am in the latter years of my life, I ask only Your constant presence. For whatever I need, whatever problems might develop, Your hand will hold me steady.

I ask for Your loving help because I know You will be here...as always. Amen


Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.
Dear God,
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
I sent this on to Him

     

© Copyright 2024. LoannaLois All rights reserved.
LoannaLois has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement