FanStory.com - Introductory Synopsisby michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A brief introduction of what is to come.
Vision and Sound: Their Stories
: Introductory Synopsis by michaelcahill













 
This is the story of two souls that encounter each other frequently on earth. They know each other and are friends in Heaven. On earth, they are strangers, yet they are always drawn to each other somehow. The overall story is about their connection and why it is unique in Heaven. The story supposes that souls come back and forth to earth to learn and grow many times. It would be in a manner that is like reincarnation. I'm not supporting any particular belief with my story, it's just a story. To be honest, there is an experience in my life that is the basis for this story. It is a part of the story though I won't point it out. The story includes a narrator who is a special soul that is privy to information that the other souls aren't aware of.
 
Personally, I'm a Christian and I imagine that my beliefs will be reflected in the writing as it probably is in much of my work. I guess that is to be expected. I'm not writing this though with that in mind. I do recommend Christianity highly and invite anyone interested to drop me a line and I'll tell you all about it! As far as this story goes, it is creative (I hope) writing and not necessarily always a reflection of my own personal beliefs. I will try to be true to the plot and the nature of the characters regardless of my own personal feelings. I only offer this because Heaven, souls, reincarnation and the like are components of the story. I can well imagine that this might be taken as a statement of my beliefs.
 
As with all of my prose, I rely heavily on input and suggestions from my readers. I am new to prose and brand new to novels. Anything that you can offer me in the way of help and guidance is so appreciated. I've improved quite a bit in the year I've been here and I owe it all to you and your invaluable help.
 
This is a first draft, and there are going to be mistakes; that is a certainty. I am learning, so hopefully there will be fewer mistakes than there were in my last piece. 

 
A little bit now about the main characters:
 
Vision is a soul that has female characteristics and views the world visually. When she is human, she uses her sight to tell her about things. She sees a crowd of people and can pick out who the threats are as well as who might be friends. She interprets things in great detail as though she is looking at them. If you were to ask her, "what kind of a car picked you up?", she would stare off into space as though visualizing it in her mind. Then, she would give a detailed description including every dent and window sticker.
 
Sound is so named for two reasons. Firstly because he interprets the world like Vision but with sound has the basis. Secondly, he is known for being very quiet and a great listener. Therefore, the name is a bit of a Heavenly witticism as well.
 
The narrator offers inside information about the nature of Heaven and the souls that reside there. He explains how unusual it is for Vision and Sound to have the relationship they do. It is unique among all the souls and the cause of much discussion and concern.
 
Well, this is more of an introduction and a brief synopsis. The first installment will be offered in a day or two. This is going to be quite different from anything I've written before. Thanks for listening. I hope you will give it a shot and follow along.




 

Recognized

Author Notes
This is an introduction to a book. I'm not sure what category this falls under. Fantasy?

     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement