FanStory.com - Get Over Itby tfawcus
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Very Short Story (A contest entry)
Get Over It by tfawcus
Choose One Of The Following Titles writing prompt entry

Anna stepped on the conveyer belt marked 'Migraines' and was carried through glass doors to the processing hall. She was suddenly nervous. Amongst the hundreds of passengers she felt alone.

'Come on, lady! Move along!' the Chief Migraine Officer barked. 'Over there,' he said, pointing to a doorway marked Customs.

The heavy metal doors rumbled open at her approach. People were seated, completing green questionnaires. She took one.

'Anna Kronisma,' she wrote, 'Born 2092. 28 years old. Citizen of Arcadia.'

The questions had nothing to do with her baggage. They were personal, about opinions, beliefs and preferences. She didn't understand and so she asked.

'Look, lady! We've got to know what customs you've got. Maybe we'll find you don't need the whole re-education programme.'

After a while, the Customs official ran Anna's completed form under a Veracity Scanner. One glance showed him there was no common ground. He turned and walked back to his office.

'Take that one down to the white noise room, Don. She's for total cultural erasure. Bloody Arcadians. They're all the same.'

She was led away to join others waiting to be treated. Like them, she would soon be safely stereotyped.



Writing Prompt
Choose one of the following titles.

Where does it take you?

Get writing: poem, fiction, essay, whatever you like!
200 words maximum word count.

Take It To The Limit
One Of These Nights
Already Gone
Wasted Time
Witchy Woman
Get Over It
Long Road Out Of Eden
Hotel California

Yep I know, the titles are Eagles tracks... got to love those guys :)

The title of your work MUST be the title you chose from the list. (There shouldn't be any confusion in the booth for duplicate entries of title, as your name will be displayed alongside your entry.)

Artwork and author notes welcome.



Recognized

Author Notes
We accept migrants - under certain conditions.

Image copyright Ralf Roletschek - Fahrradtechnik und Fotografie This file is reproduced under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.

(195 words)

     

© Copyright 2024. tfawcus All rights reserved.
tfawcus has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement