FanStory.com - Sleek Carsby Treischel
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Tambour Poem
Little Poems
: Sleek Cars by Treischel

On city streets and racing meets the power of the car
is showing signs of draft designs expressing speed by far.
They widely roam on wheels of chrome within aesthetic shells
that look sublime and quickly climb to speeds where rockets dwell.
So thrill to the rhythm of the engine's roar.
Petal to the metal with foot to the floor.
Varoom, Varoom, the tail pipes sound,
While wheels are squealing on the ground.
Four hundred horses push G-forces to fractal limits.
Adrenaline pumps as motion jumps past lines the sign prohibits.

Watch them as they go flying past
So marvelous, so sleek, so fast.

They're flying low, as on they go, with crowds all cheering loud.
All through the cheers, the shifting gear, the leader's thick dust cloud,
there is a man who thinks he can come through to win it all.
Someone who knows how fortune flows when breakpoints hit the wall.
Stay clear of fear and quickly veer away from trouble.
Keep in place to win the race. Fame and fortunes double.
Screeching wheels, fire drills, flame retardant suits.
Crushing steel, prayer appeal, safety sought pursuits
I hear the squeal of slipping wheels. Swing left, swing right again.
Beware the mound, and swing around the searing sound of pain.

Watch them as they go flying past
So marvelous, so sleek, so fast.

For us fast cars are in the stars, we hope to own just one
that sets the pace of any race, and rates second to none.
No junk will do. We buy them new, unless they're classic models,
like muscle cars, or jaguars, that shriek with open throttles.
Succumb to the image that a car provides.
Be seen on the highway with the other rides.
Then satisfy the need for speed
where only autos can succeed.
It's commonplace, as is the case, we're smitten by their grace.
When so inclined we're pleased to find them in the marketplace.

Watch them as they go flying past
So marvelous, so sleek, so fast.
They leave the cheering crowds aghast.
Impressions that will always last.



Author Notes
Cars are sleek, economical and powerful now-a-days. We watch them race, and dream about owning the expensive ones. A status symbol that many can only admire from afar. When we watch them go by, it fires our desires and imagination.

This poem is a Tambour.
The Tambour was created by Fanstorian RGstar. A Tambor is a very complex format that uses rhyme and different types of lines to provide pace and rhythm.
''Tambour'' = French for drum.

The reason for the title is the fact that the rhythm of the parade drum is incorporated in the poem. If one can visualize a parade walking by and the sound of the drums as they march through. The poetry is set to mimic the sound and roll of the drums.
It used 3 line types to gain this effect.
1) 'PACE' LINE= offers speed and an injection of emotion, intense or soft.

2) 'COMMAND' LINE = directs an order or a wish for a special action, strong or soft.

3) 'DRUM ROLL' LINE = creates that special rhythm in answer or in influence to the line before.

These are fundamental to the ''Tambour'' and without using them it is nearly impossible to create it.
The basic form has ten long lines containing in-line rhyming on most (but not all) lines, and aabb end-line rhyming , followed by short rhyming couplets, until the last which has 4 lines that echo the earlier couplets.
Pace lines and the short syllable (Command lines) break up the rhythm of your base, or normal, lines .. followed directly by a long syllable ( Drum roll line) in answer to it or influenced by it. Without these , the Tambour' would not be a Tambour'

The PACE lines throughout the poem are very important, because not only do they offer a break of rhythm, but what they contain or what they say are equally as important as syllables and rhythms they make.
Pace lines and the short syllable (Command lines) break up the rhythm of your base, or normal, lines .. followed directly by a long syllable ( Drum roll line) in answer to it or influenced by it. Without these , the Tambour' would not be a Tambour'

There is no fixed meter, just the drum beats and rolls.

The photograph was taken by the author at a car show in August of 2012.

     

© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement