FanStory.com - Sing!by Treischel
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 3-5-3 Poem
Little Poems
: Sing! by Treischel


O song bird
Sing a song for me
I'll listen



Author Notes
While walking along a nature path in Woodbury, Minnesota, a bird flew into a tree nearby and started singing. I had to stop a while and listen. It seemed meant for me. I snapped this photograph that inspired this poem.

At first I thought it was a Song Sparrow. When I got home, I consulted my bird book. It looked similar to a Song Sparrow, except for the white eyebrow. Then I thought it might be a female Purple Martin, but the chest and belly are darker. It turned out to be a female Red-winged Blackbird, of all things. It matched the markings perfectly, and I had seen and heard several males along the path of my walk. That cinched it.

This poem is a 3-5-3 Poem. First line 3 syllables, second 5, third 3.

This photograph was taken by the author himself. The original was a dark sihlouette, but when I adjusted the gamma on the print, the Bird was revealed.

     

© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement