FanStory.com - The Making of a Fanstorianby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The bumps, the brusises, the victories, no losers
The Making of a Fanstorian by Deniz22

I've decided to keep a journal of my progress as a writer, now that I am getting serious enough to join FanStory. I know I am dreaming a little here, but perhaps someday, after I'm a famous writer (dead, no doubt) my journal will be as sought after by the little people as my actual writings...:)


January 16, 2013

It’s so great to be here with all these wonderful writers! I am so looking forward to learning how to write better. I encouraged all of them to tell me what I’m doing wrong, no matter how trivial the error.

January 20, 2013 
Wow! Now that I’ve had a few pieces reviewed, I realize how much I really do have to learn.

January 26, 2013
I carefully reviewed six pieces myself today. I guess there are some others on here that need to learn too! I’m really trying to help them by being honest so they can improve. I didn’t have to use any of my stars except the threes and fours. Once I gave a five, but after reading it again, I replaced it with an honest two.

January 28, 2013
Oh-oh! Honesty may be the best policy but not necessarily here. Guess I stepped on a few literary toes. One writer said he never got anything lower than a five-star rating…well, what he actually said was …never mind.

February 1, 2013
Entered my first “prompt” today. The rules said it had to be about a cat, either one I presently own or had owned. Purchased my first cat this morning, wrote my poem, and am now monitoring the contest.Named the cat 'Lucky'.

February 2, 2013
After checking the prompt page for the tenth time today, I found there are some really good poems about some great cats. I think I’m holding my own; I’ve gotten six reviews, one a six-star and the others, all fives!  Some poor dope entered one about a DOG! Can you believe it? Didn’t he read the rules? Just like a guy, make up his own rules while ignoring the ones in place!

February 2, 2013
(later in the same day) I’m still getting a number of reviews and picked up two more sixes! This is heady stuff! Could be preparation for the NY Times bestseller list! We pick our favorite entry tomorrow. Honestly? I hope I don’t vote for someone who wins on my vote! Think I'll vote for the loser with the dog poem, just to be safe..

February 10, 2013
I know, I haven’t been around for a while. The guy with the stupid dog poem won the cat poem prompt! GRRRRRRRRRRR! I think it was the picture of the nude woman who put him over the top…not sour grapes, just a wild conjecture on my part. It may be awhile before I enter another prompt contest if this is the way it’s going to be. I have my values, and my sacred honor as a WRITER has been offended by this injustice.
 
February 11, 2013
Oh boy, they’ve got this really cool prompt calling for our earliest memories as children. I just entered a poem about my graduation from college. I fully expect to win this time! In fact, I just got a six-star gusher of a review from the guy who won with his dog poem! The dream lives on….”



 

Recognized

Author Notes
You may find something here you can relate to if you've been a Fanstorian for more than a month or so...love this place!

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement