FanStory.com - A Continental Breakfastby michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
flash fiction 100-150 word story
A Continental Breakfast by michaelcahill
    100 Word Story Contest Winner 













I switch on the light. I wolf down an early breakfast. The sun has yet to rise. A rock comes crashing through the sliding glass door, barely missing my head. That is the signal. I check the clock. It is 5:41am. I grab my phone and call my wife.
 
"Honey, please call me. I'm worried about you. You haven't returned my calls. Love you. Bye."
 
I walk into the backyard and kick the kitchen door in. I flip the kitchen table over. I plunge the carving knife between my sixth and seventh rib at a downward angle. It hurts more than I anticipated. I call 911.
 
"Someone broke into my house and stabbed me. They got my wallet. Hurry, I think I'm dying."

My wife is dead. I'll live. My girlfriend should be in Mazatlán waiting.

I have always been more clever than the other children.


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock
100 Word Story
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
146 words. the following words must appear in the story: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock. I used them all in the first paragraph. A perfect little crime.

     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement